Friday, October 1, 2010

Come Fly With Me, Lesbian Seagull

Okay, so this post has nothing to do with lesbians or seagulls...but it does involve females and birds.

  So after that jarring introduction, check out this video about falcons and the gos hawk.  The second bird's flight reminds me of the speeder bike scene from Return of the Jedi.  How this creature can maneuver so deftly in a dense forest amazes me.  I bet it's wicked good at vertical shooter games. The falcon has always fascinated me, they dive so incredibly fast and pull Gs that would make a human pass out or die. 

Mankind has always envied and revered birds for their ability to soar above our world.  Many ancient cultures worshiped them as gods, attributed them magical powers, and sought to join them in the sky either physically or spiritually.  They never got to see a view from the back of one, so maybe you'll feel the same way after this clip.


19 comments:

  1. Seeing this kind of footage for the first time left me genuinely amazed as it is the practical proof which I've wanted of animals being vastly superior in their own environments compared to us humans. I wonder how many more years it'll take until we have created something something that'll come at least clost to that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goddamn that is so AWESOME. I wish I could do that kind of stuff. Reminds me of that video on some other bro's blog where this dude is weaving through traffic on a crotch rocket matrix style. I really blazes away. The falcon dive stuff is nuts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, you're right, it does look like the speeder scene. That is really amazing, just how fast their reaction times are to be able to pull off that stuff. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see future fighter jets doing this, possibly unmanned ones. When that day comes I'm moving underground.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm disappointed by the lack of avian lesbianism.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FALCOWN-'s are pretty amazing creatures. I wish there were a way for us to communicate with animals so they could teach us all kinds of thigs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ive always wanted to put a camera like that on my cat to see where he goes when he goes out

    ReplyDelete
  8. I appreciate you visiting my blog and providing input on my most recent post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hawwkkkkwarrddd.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! i never thought that doing a barrel roll will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seen this vid before.
    Its great to see the POV cam for these amazing creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i can t believe it awesomeness

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy crap.
    Like, really. I wanna be a bird
    >.<

    ReplyDelete
  14. sup bro...got a new mix up since a lot of people were asking for one.

    beck

    ReplyDelete
  15. The wing control is jizztastic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I remember that off beavis and butthead movie lol

    ReplyDelete